Applications for Mutton Bustin' are Now Open!
If you would like your child to participate in the 2021 New Mexico State Fair Mutton Bustin' competitions please call the number below to apply:
Mutton Bustin' Rules
1. Application Deadline – August 13, 2021
2. Mutton Bustin' will take place from Wednesday, September 15 through Sunday, September 19 during the rodeo.
3. Participants must be between the ages of 4 years old and 7 years old on the day that they compete and they must not weigh more than 60lbs
4. 2 tickets (competitor and parent/guardian) will be mailed prior to the rodeo performance
5. Parent or Guardian must be present on the day of competition to sign release waiver
6. Arrive no later than 6:00 pm (3pm on September 19, 2021)
7. Come to the far NW corner of the concourse, near section M7. Pads and helmets are provided
8. Please wear appropriate clothing
9. Winner will receive a gift certificate from Justin Boots for a free pair of cowboy boots
10. Once dates are full individuals will be put on a wait list